So, When I went to the fabric store I was forced to make so changes to the ideas that I had in my head.
I could only find one brocade fabric that I liked to use for the dress. So, I decided to use that one for the top and compromise on the center of the skirt.
I decided to use this sparkly sheer fabric as an overlay for the center of the dress.
This is the finished skirt.
The pattern made the skirt VERY poofy! I didn't really like that look.
So, I pleated the skirt instead of gathering it,this made the center much smaller and the skirt lays much smoother.
This is a close up of the top.
I used a simple cotton trim on the dress instead of a sheer just so that it would hold up to Emily wearing it.
I did end up going with chiffon sleeves, nothing else seemed to look right or was the right color.
Here is the completed dress! I will post pictures of Emily in it after her party so that it shows better.